Thursday, October 22, 2015

Today my son Daniel turns 30 years old!  Amazing to think that I have been a mom for 30 years.  That day was a miracle and Dan is such a blessing, along with his wife Jamie and their 3 and 1/2 children.  :)

Somehow I need to get into a habit of checking into this page, and not just Facebook and Instagram.  I have lots to say and share about the happenings in my life!  Just returned last week from a trip to California and had a great time.  First at Huntington Beach, my husband's hometown where we went for a conference.  I got a lot of beach and pool time but also attended some events.  Then we went up the coast for our 34th anniversary and enjoyed Cambria, CA.  We stayed at the Pelican Inn and had a room looking out at the ocean.  Loved it so much.  They have a boardwalk along the beach.  We saw seals and elephant seals, drove around the wine country, just had a nice time.  Then we visited our son and DIL in Orange County for a few days, which was wonderful but always bittersweet.  We had our first try at Airbnb and stayed in a really cute little house in Fullerton.

Now back home, still battling the jet lag after a week. But also "heart lag" trying to get back into my life and find inspiration.  Why is it always hard after a trip?  I do too much thinking.  This week I am reminded to listen for God and also to be thankful every day for the tremendous blessings in my life.

I have so many projects either started or on the back burner.  So I need to get with it!  Lots of crochet projects and also cleaning up my craft room.  I have a room that I have worked on that is in our pole barn, it was an office that was crammed with stuff for over 10 years since we moved here.  Last summer I realized I could use it for my workshop and a place to store a lot of my "stuff" that I buy for my booth at the antique mall, and also things I buy hoping to make things.

When I first started this blog it was the intention to begin to stop dreaming about things and actually start DOING them.  Since then I have made my son's room my craft room, I have started renting a bookcase at an antique mall,  I have started fixing up that room in the pole barn.  Now I just need to learn more about managing my time and figuring out how I can do all the things I want to do.

I really need to find some time to figure out how to use this page correctly and also how to use my Mac more efficiently to be able to post pictures etc.

Meanwhile happy fall!   Getting ready for Indiana Bluebird Society meeting on Saturday, and a meeting for my group, the Boone County Bluebird Society in a couple of weeks.


2 comments:

  1. Well, happy late birthday to your son. Mine is 35 and about to become a first time father. So love the grandbabies, don't you? Technically I also have 3.5 grandchildren. My daughter (33) has three. I miss them as they live some 400 miles away, but I do get to see them a lot. I hope yours aren't all the way away in California. And I see you know how to crochet. How very clever. I've tried a dozen times but am completely useless at it...lol. There is a blogger I sometimes visit and she's made a beautiful, colourful crochet shawl out of something she calls Japanese flowers. So lovely. I tried teaching myself with absolutely disastrous results! Think I'll just stick to painting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Well, yes our grandbabies live way out in Colorado! Good news, it's a great place to visit, bad news, it's really far. Our son and DIL in CA do not have kids yet. Yes I love to crochet and when I get better and updating this blog I will add some pictures of my finished projects. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete